Enjoy your week off and see you on Monday 5th October!
Hello lovely people and what a fine day it is today – are you keeping cool? I’m so not, I just keep harrumphing and saying I’m hot!!
Anyway back to the case in hand, this week is such a special week for us as the first of our Pilates classes are restarting, woohoo!! There is one space left on Wednesday’s class if anyone would like to book this last place, please contact me on 07827 665916.
The classes will be the same format as before with lots of sweating, grunting and laughing but obviously with some restrictions in place, so here is a little list of how the sessions will work out:
- The main entrance into Empingham Audit Hall will be the entrance and the fire door will be the exit so that we have a little organisation in the hall regarding the passing of people.
- There is such a fab sanitising station at the entrance of the hall – the committee has thought of everything so if you could sanitise your hands as you come into the hall and leave the hall that would be great. There is antibacterial spray and wipes just in case you need to wash anything down.
- The hall is thoroughly cleaned by the committee and has had a massive deep clean over lockdown.
- My technical team and I – that is Tim, Harry and myself! have measured the hall to see how many people can attend the class with social distancing and we have worked out that with a 2 meter gap between us all that works out to be 8 people plus me. So there will be plenty of space for everyone to social distance themselves.
- This may make some people’s year, nay millennium but we aren’t using the Pilates rings! However as before please can you bring your own mat and maybe a couple of weights – that could be your actual dumbells, tins of beans or big books – there is no judgement, bring whatever is safe and you can lift!!
- The kitchen in the hall will be locked so please make sure that you bring enough water for the whole session as it will be a sweatfest as we have MONTHS to catch up on….that will work out as 15 minute plank if thats ok?!
- All of the toilets will be open with hand sanitiser…..thank goodness!
- You are so welcome to wear a face mask – I won’t be wearing one as I want you to be able to hear what I say – there will be plenty of ventilation too. I won’t have the music on too loud so that I don’t have to shout……well unless we don’t smash the 15 minute plank!!
- You can either pay me on the day with cash or pay me via BACS with the details that can be found below.
- I will be so excited to see you all that there will be lots of air/socially distanced welcome backs, you may have to just calm me down! Apart from that it will still be the same happy, relaxed class that it always has been – if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.
So I shall see you at the following times this week:
Wednesday 12th August 9.15am, Pilates at Empingham Audit Hall
Friday 14th August 915am Pilates at Empingham Audit Hall.
Places are being booked up for the following weeks, in fact some weeks only have 2/3 spaces left so please do contact me if you would like to book your place!I
Well just when you think that everything is going on as normal, last week the Government announced changes to the way that gyms and more importantly for us, exercise classes can open. As you can imagine in the Mackrill household there was much excitement! Obviously this is an exciting development but all of our safety is paramount to me and I will not proceed if I have any concerns about this. As a community we have come to far during this pandemic that it would be silly, no irresponsible to ruin all of the hard work everyone has made.
So at the moment my idea is to start to reintroduce Pilates classes first. I know this will be a huge disappoint to those of you who attend Dancefit classes, as it is to me, however there are so many issues with dancing in a hall during Covid 19 that I really couldn’t put you and myself at risk. This is because the government have advised:
* not to restart any classes where shouting/singing is in involved – I’m not sure how I would instruct you guys without shouting directions! As for not singing? Argggh! So this would also mean that loud music couldn’t be played to reduce the risk of shouting….not sure quiet music would work?!
*at the moment I’m not sure how we would social distance in Dancefit what with all of the grapevines, general treading on toes and confusion with lefts and rights! And that is just me!
So that is not to say that Dancefit won’t be happening any time soon, I just need to look at the logistics of it more. It may be that we just run a slightly different class where we move about in the same spot more than moving about the hall so we an adhere to social distancing rules and we may have to run the classes just at Empingham Audit Hall as this is a much bigger hall than Ketton Congregational Hall. It may be a slightly different class to ensure that you guys can hear me without the loud music, now what that class could be, I’m not really quite sure but you can be assured that I have my thinking cap on. Could you put yours on too please and let me know if you have any ideas? I see this whole process as a staggered reintroduction – Pilates first and then closely followed by something like Dancefit, if that makes sense.
Due to the nature of Pilates this is a much easier class to put on to make sure that we are all socially distant away from each other. There would be a few changes, such as having to book onto a class rather than just turning up, reduced numbers in class to socially distance ourselves, more windows and doors open to improve ventilation, no equipment from me, not a bad thing!, and obviously lots of hand sanitiser available. As normal you would bring your own mat.
So at the moment this is what I think our Pilates timetable may look like:
Monday morning – now Tallington Village Hall isn’t opening until September so I am currently looking for another venue, my first port of call is Barnack Village Hall so I will let you know. We obviously need a hall that is large and close by to Tallington.
Monday evening – 615pm, woohoo Great Casterton Church Hall is reopening! A huge deep clean is happening as we speak so I am just waiting to hear when the hall can reopen. The hall is large, ventilation is good and it is a clean hall so that is fabulous news!
Wednesday – now for the time being, I’m not sure if the Congregational Hall will be large enough for us to socially distance ourselves to run a class there, I will just need to check. However we do have other options that I’ve been looking at. Harry and I love Hall Close in Ketton and I have applied to the Parish Council to run some Pilates classes there, how cool would that be! They would be outdoor classes so no facilities and would be weather dependant but we may be able to house more people in the class because we have more space. I am just waiting to hear from the Parish Council if this is ok. Another option would be to run our Wednesday morning sessions from Empingham Audit Hall, just another idea.
Friday morning – so if we can’t run a Dancefit class at Empingham at the moment, what can we do?! We could run a Pilates class there instead! Before lockdown I did talk about starting a new Pilates class at Empingham and I think this would be a perfect time to do so. This is by no means replacing our Dancefit class permanently, no sireeee but it may be a nice alternative for some of you whilst we wait to see how we can proceed with Dancefit.
So this is all I have at the moment and I would LOVE to hear from you – your thoughts on this, any worries you may have, any ideas for Dancefit. Just a yay or a nay would do! In fact these are your classes and I want them to suit you. When all details of classes have been finalised I will contact you with a risk assessment talking about ways that we can safely proceed with the classes.
Obviously not starting Dancefit straight away is a BIG disappointment but just for the moment lets think of something we can adapt to Covid 19 times and then when we can get back to normalish Dancefit will come back stronger and more fun than ever!
The Government is allowing our classes to restart on Monday 27th July so I am working really hard to be able to start on this date – however it is dependant on village halls opening by then and if I hear from people that we can restart, so please bear with me and I will let you know as soon as times, dates and venues are confirmed. You will be the first to know and I may just shout it from the rooftops as I cannot wait to get back to see you all!
I also want to clarify that my online Dancefit and Pilates classes will carry on as normal so if you don’t feel comfortable coming along to a physical class you always have new online classes each week – you can’t escape that easily!!! We also have had so many people join our online classes who live far far away and I want to keep you guys in the Stamford Pilates Community too!
An update on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Tim and I sat watching the first televised update on Covid 19 yesterday and felt totally overwhelmed with all of the news and advice that was given. Obviously I was especially concerned about advice concerning group gatherings such as our classes and 1-1 sessions. One of the new key government measures that has been given by Boris Johnson and his advisors is:
- Everyone should avoid gatherings and crowded places, such as pubs, clubs and theatres.
So it is with a really rather heavy heart (plus lots of tears) that I have decided to put all of my classes on hold starting from tomorrow, Wednesday 18th March as keeping you all safe and well is my top priority. I realise that so many of you may not be in the vulnerable catagory, however you may live with someone who is and I really do think it is our responsibility to try and limit the affects of this horrible horrible virus. I just want to do my part. Now the next question is when will our classes restart……..and I really don’t know I am so sorry. I will still be closely monitoring the situation and following the advice provided by Public Health England (PHE) and the NHS. In addition, I am following guidelines issued by the industry governing body Fitpro.
For anyone who has a week left on their 5 week package, I would be more than happy to refund you or you can save this credit for when we restart. Please let me know your thoughts on this.
However after this rubbish news……………
Now at the moment the details are a little sketchy because Tim (who is my technical guru) and I are going to have to sit down and see how this will work but at the moment, this is what we are thinking:
* I will record a weekly Dancefit and Pilates class that will be put online somewhere for you to access.
* I am thinking that the classes will be uploaded on the Monday (starting this Monday 23rd March) where you will be able to download them as and when you want to.
* There will be a charge of £5 per week to access the videos as many times as you would like, if this could be paid by bank transfer or even popped through my door that would be great. I am looking at charging a monthly fee as well if you really want to keep the exercise momentum going!
I am slightly nervous with the thought of filming sessions as I will see what I really look like when I dance or do a plank – gosh what faces do I pull! I really want to carry on with the social element of our classes which I, and I know you, do enjoy. So I will be sending out regular newsletter, I will be posting lots on social media and I really want to see pictures of how you are managing to still keep on exercising – will you be doing a cha cha cha to Lizzo in your kitchen or planking in your living room, gosh this will be very exciting.
So as soon as Tim and I have worked out how to film and edit our 1 hour sessions I will be emailing you with lots more information. I would love to hear what you think of this, as I do so value your opinion. I am so so upset to be cancelling our classes but I think we can make something positive out of this and still keep in touch as I will miss you guys lots!
Thanks very much for your support and I do hope to see you very soon!
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): Information for you all
You will all be aware of the developing situation with Coronovirsus (Covid-19). I wanted to reassure you that keeping everyone who attends my classes or 1-1 sessions safe and well is my top priority.
I am closely monitoring the situation and following the advice provided by Public Health England (PHE) and the NHS. In addition, I am following guidelines issued by the industry governing body Fitpro.
I am committed to providing you all with a safe and hygienic space to exercise in and I’m taking this situation extremely seriously. I’ve taken on the Government’s guidance to reduce the risk of the virus spreading.
What action am I taking to keep everyone safe and well?
In line with PHE guidance, I am continuing and increasing the level of cleaning and hygiene in our classes, including:
- Ensuring that there is soap and hand sanitiser available at all classes. I will also bring hand sanitiser with me to all 1-1 classes;
- To keep everyone safe I recommend that everyone washes their hands on arrival at class, and again once you get home. I will be ensuring I also do this myself;
- Anti-bacterial spray will be available at all classes;
- I will not be bringing any additional equipment to classes. This means that bands will not be used in our classes (which some of you will be very pleased about!)
If I am notified of any issue, or if anyone who has recently attended a class contracts the virus, I will notify you immediately.
I would urge you all to please follow the NHS guidance on limiting the spread of Coronovirus. It can be viewed here.
I look forward to seeing you all at a class soon.
Thanks very much for your support.
With every new year that passes I am almost guaranteed to see on the front of newspapers, magazines, on the television and pretty much every where else, adverts welcoming in the New Year with the slogan *New Year, New You*. It doesn’t matter what gender or age you are there seems to be a pressure to change yourself – becoming fitter, slimmer, more polished, having to do more things to change, usually at a high expense – mainly to be a better person.
Well I really don’t like this!!!
Please don’t feel under pressure to set yourself goals, make resolutions or make changes at this time of the year, small goals such as being kinder to yourself are just as important! And I definately believe that actually we are all pretty great as we are! Instead of feeling you have to make a radical change other small things, such as taking 5 minutes for yourself or coming along to a class to meet new people are also great achievements.